I think I know what is the problem...

For every software that me and my friends make will be final checked by other team members in my department. They will do the checking mostly to find errors or we call it 'BUG'.
This is the process to make sure the product will function according to the spec n requirements.

It is not a process to find your mistake, but it is more to find the error of the product.
At first, I was a little bit protective because I felt like they were trying to find my mistake.
But, it is not. I understand it perfectly now. It just how the process went. No heart feeling.

There are so many of this process that I went through for the past two years. But the most I remember was when I was still new in Japan. It was during the chaos of Shisou city's radio problem. The manager found a bug during testing. And as usual, everyone panic.

As I went through the source code, I could not find what causing the problem that they mentioned. They claimed that the data could not be written inside the device memory if they used maximum number of allowed data. If they use 5 or 10, is is OK. But if they use more than that the result is NG. (Sorry, part ni ter teknikal lah pulak...Konon2, mcm nak masukkan 24 kasut dalam satu kotak tapi tak boleh masuk 24. Boleh masuk 5 atau 10 je. Kasut tu mesti boleh masuk 24 jugak, tak boleh tidak..)

Again, all this berlaku when my friend yg liaised dgn vendor yg buat tu was sick. So, I need to help kat mana yg boleh to selesaikan problem tu. Tengok punya tengok, still tak jumpa gak problem kat dlm source code. The flow is OK. The maximum number should be OK. Test guna serial data write pun boleh. EEPROM takde masalah.

Then, I just looked one more time at how they do the testing. Ah ha...I found what caused the problem. The source code was fine. It was the application that they use for testing is causing the problem. But, I do not know how to tell it all in japanese. Arghh, it was so frustrating when you know but you cannot say it. So, fikir dan fikir mcm mana nak buat ni. Last2 amik kertas dan lukis2 je nak bg tahu apa yg I feel causing the problem. Masa tu bg tau kat Manager (Ishikawa san)...dia ni vendor2 Msia tak berapa suka dia. Tapi dia dgn saya so far OK jer.

Dia punya excited masa tu, dan terus amik laptop kecik untuk provekan apa yg saya ckp tu.
Debar2 masa tu, sebab ramai yg ada masa tu tgh cemas tunggu sama2 nak tgk btl atau tak. So, Ishikawa san pun buatlah testing tu.

Alhamdulillah... it was correct. Yes!!!!!! Everyone was so relieved after that.
He was so lega that he come straight to me and shake my hand over and over again.
I know we can't shake hand but it came out of no where and in front of so many people, so I just accepted it as a respect. "Arigatou, arigatou...Yoo chan."...he and everyone that was there said thank you to me. Malu la jugakk...adehhh.

That was one of the time that I felt sgt2 dihargai masa buat kerja or bila selesaikan sesuatu masalah kat ofis. Here, they will acknowledge you for what you did and if you did wrong susah la nak kena hentam teruk2 tu. Belum pernah lagi lah kena marah dgn diorng buat masa ni.
So far, this part I think....kita belum sampai lagi kot kat Msia. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Perhaps, there is a company out there yg treat macam ni.
Or, maybe I'm just lucky to be a part of this company that everyone is so kind towards me.

Sometimes I just wonder...what did I have done to received all this kindness.
Still keeps on wondering... to make sure I'm still on the ground and to remember where I come from.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts