Intro to Japanese

Konnichiwa...

Today I want to share about nihongo(Japanese Language) because I think it is also something that I gained from my journey here. It is also act as a reminder notes for me. So, let's learn Japanese. :)
First, we must understand the Japanese language system for writing. There are three types of character that is used in writing Japanese. They are called Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji.

Hiragana - Is the basic type. If you wanted to learn Japanese you must start with this first.
Katakana - Is use for foreign word such as foreigner's name or the English words that are being borrowed and changed into Japanese.
Kanji - Is like Chinese character. It was adopted originally from Chinese language and modified to suits Japanese language. This was the hard one to learn.

Let's look at Hiragana first...It is just like we learn ABC, Alif Ba ta. For me, the concept is the same. If we can master Jawi and Arabic...then we can learn this too. Just remember how did you learnt Jawi and Arabic before. The total character for hiragana is 46. How to pronounced it? Do not read it like you read ABC one by one. Just read it like you read and mengeja in BM.


Next, is for Katakana. The total is the same like Hiragana. The sound also the same. Only the rupa of the character sahaja berbeza.



When you get use to this characters, you can understand Japanese much much better. For example, let's look how to construct one Japanese word.

Example 1:
English : I
Japanese (Romaji) : Watashi   (Romaji is the japanese written using ABC)
Japanese (Hiragana) : わたし


Example 2:   
English : Good afternoon / Hello
Japanese (Romaji) : Konnichiwa   
Japanese (Hiragana) : こんにちは (For konnichiwa, the 'wa' need to be written using 'は'...not 'わ')


There....the simple crash course about Japanese Language. If there is any mistake, please forgive me. I am still learning too. Have fun with the language, OK. I'll write about Kanji in another post ye.

Jya..mata ne.

Comments

Popular Posts