Spring to be remember...

Assalamualaikum and good morning,

It has been the fourth day after the massive earthquake and tsunami hit northeastern Japan on Friday. It became the number one news in the world. The date was 11.03.11 and the time is 2.46pm. The magnitude recorded was 9.0...became one of the massive earthquake ever recorded and the worst in Japan history.

Going back to the day it all happened... the day as in Hiroshima was a sunny and bright day. It was like any other day...no difference what so ever.... Around 2.00 PM, I went for Zuhur prayer. I always took sometime to prepare for prayers because it is not like Malaysia where we have surau and wuduk area. That day, I think I took much longer time for Zuhur. When I get back to my table...it still looks fine. Then, one of my friend asked me at FB chat what am I doing at that moment...and suddenly I saw my CEO paced around the office talking to the telephone and after he hung up ... he said something but I did not understand what.

Then, I saw all my colleagues's reaction changes...everyone started to take out their hand phone to look at something. I even posted at my facebook status.."what is happening now...gempa ke?" And suddenly my boss said..'Tsunami'...I did not know where the tsunami strike at first. So, I was very scared. My fingers shake so hard. The, he said it was in Sendai...My mind went straight to my blogger friend Hanis MY that lives in Sendai. I have many friends living in northern area too...so all my thought and doa are for them at that moment. Thank to Allah, semua friends yang I know are safe. Once again, tanda kesyukuran kepada Allah Ta'ala.

Syukur alhamdulillah...I am lucky because Hiroshima prefecture is very far from the epicenter. My colleagues also said nasib baik we live in Hiroshima. But, there are still the danger of tsunami is coming because we are near coastal area too. This was the first time the tsunami alert went three days before it was cancelled. I always looked at Japan Meteorology Agency's website regarding the earthquake and tsunami's information since I live in Japan. So, it is kind a scary looking at the alert sooo differently from the past two years I've been here.

From Friday...I watched all the news from CNN, BBC, and NHK and other Japan's TV channel to get the information regarding the current status. My heart breaks when I heard the tsunami's siren warning... I am used to that siren because my work involved that. At my office, when we do testing...I can hear the siren. That is also how I learnt about what kind of siren are being used here in Japan. Although I am used to that sound...when it did happened in a  real situation...it does became much much more scarier.

Currently, Japan is still struggling with the reactor problem. It is a hard time for Japan. But still there are out there..some human are so arrogant with their ego and no respect for the tragedy. No matter who is the victim...we must help them. Not necessarily with money, just give them your respect and shut all your bad mouth. You never know when you will need their help. Someday, you might be trap somewhere with one of them...and that person is the one that can help you. Will you not be ashamed of yourself wanting that person's help after what you have done and said? If you did not feel ashamed..then I feel ashamed for you. Please keluar dari tempurung yang mengongkong pemikiran anda tu.

This tragedy happened in spring...the spring to be remember. This tragedy is not only for Japanese people...it is also for everyone to think deeply about what the world is trying to tell us. The world is getting sicker and sicker everyday. As a Muslims, this is the sign from Allah Ta'ala for us to never forget about Him and His power. This tragedy is also for us to improve ourself...like His saying in Al-Muzammil ayat 17: (Sekiranya kamu tidak ditimpa azab di dunia), maka bagaimana kamu dapat menjaga dan menyelamatkan diri kamu kalau kamu kufur ingkar (dari azab) hari yang huru-haranya menyebabkan kanak-kanak menjadi tua beruban?

Yes, the azab is not directly given to us...but it does not mean we do not need to ambil pengajaran dan muhasabah diri kita yang sekarang ni. Semoga Allah melindungi kita semua... Amin...InsyaAllah. 


Comments

Popular Posts