Sashimi...The raw fish dish

Ohayou Gozaimasu...

Sashimi...the name for the raw fish dish here in Japan. It is different from sushi because like you can see in the picture below, there is no rice under the fish. They eat this with a bowl of rice. People in Japan love to eat this so much.It is like a luxury  They will say, Oishii...Oishii... everytime I saw my friends eat this food. At first I was kind a ngeri tengok diorng makan raw fish tu saje2 dgn nasi putih. Tak lah saje2 je...they put the wasabi and cicah the raw fish with soy sauce first.


This is my friend (Yumi chan) food when we went to Shimane for a holiday on Summer 2010. Shimane is a famous place to eat seafood. Their seafood is so fresh and big big. So, Yumi chan insisted on eating Sashimi there. The deco is nice kan... Daun hiasan tu real dr pokok momiji or maple in English (if tak salah la). That one cannot eat ye. Yang hijau segumpal tu lah Wasabi.  Dalam sepinggan tu ada many types of fish. But I do not know all their names. 

I tried Wasabi once before... I did not like it and I don't want to consume it anymore. Thank you very much if anyone offer me wasabi again. They said it is pedas but for me it is not pedas. Terlalu jauh perbezaannye dgn cili or cili padi. Wasabi ni rasanye bitter and berangin macam mint. Rasa berangin tu tak rasa sgt kat lidah, tapi akan terasa sgt2 dekat tekak dan hidung. Siapa pernah tersedak hirup kuah2 pedas dan rasa sakit kat hidung, macam tulah rasanye but everytime you makan akan rasa macam tu. Kenapakah nak menyiksa tekak dan hidung semasa makan? I am so confuse. Pernah sekali jalan2, terjumpa soft icecream perisa wasabi. Oh, nooo, I just can't imagine the taste. The sashimi... I can only eat maguro, the red meat fish. Yg lain2 tu semua cannot sebab liat dan ada bau hanyir sikit. Takut tercekik dan I don't think my tekak will like the fish taste..hahaha

My friend selalu tanya why cannot eat this? My answer..."Oishiikunai, kirai" (Tak sedap, tak suka).  I said I eat cooked fish only, more delicious. She get so confuse with my answer, because for her it is delicious. 

Comments

Popular Posts